Re: MD Anti-theism in the MOQ

From: David Morey (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 19:10:03 BST

    "I think Paul's assertion that "the MOQ is an atheistic system" goes too
    far. (According to our dear friend, Mr. Webster, "atheism" denies the
    existence of any kind of God or deity, not just "the usual,
    anthropomorphic" kind.) Since, in the MOQ, DQ is associated so closely
    with religious mysticism, it can't rightly be called an atheistic
    system." Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 18:49:18 GMT

    I think you now have the context in which to understand my statement
    that the MOQ is an atheistic system.

    Hi guys

    To me it is obvious that alot of the talk about
    god is bad stuff and needs dropping, but clearly
    some of the stuff about god was clearly about
    what we now call quality or DQ. So it was not all
    bad and some of it may be useful. Anyone disagree?#
    Calling this simply atheism is misleading I feel, because
    the MOQ is all about trying to rediscover our values and
    religion at its best had better values than nihlistic secularism
    I feel.

    regards
    David M