(no subject)

From: by way of (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 20:57:33 BST

Gillette" <keith.gillette@ninepatch.net>)
Subject: RE: LS Are we ready?
Sender: owner-lilasquad@venus.co.uk

Two cents from DMB....

        [David Buchanan] It doesn't seem very difficult to be flexible.
We'll let Lila tell us how much time to spend. The spirit of it fits well
with the slow reading method.

> (2) Andreas says that the barriers to entry into the discussion list
> should
> be lower. Specifically, one shouldn't have to have ready *ZMM* or *Lila*
> prior to the current slow reading.

        [David Buchanan] Gotta disagree. The standards should be higher.
It'll be great fro beginners just because we're sticking so close to the
text and looking at it in order and in context, but I think this third forum
could be, and in my opinion should be, the most focused and advanced one. I
think participants should not only have to have read ZAMM and Lila, but
should also be required to have very recently re-read the section under
discussion. But then again, I was just making a case for flexibility and one
of my favorite sayings is "Incompetence is the mother of originality." So,
whatever.

> (3) Lee recommends that "if people find a particular issue interesting and
>
> want to 'pursue topics that do not arise from the current chapter' then
> the
> MOQ Discussion group would be the place to thrash out those ideas without
> irritating those in LilaSquad."

        [David Buchanan] Right.

> (4) Miv suggests that highlights from the previous discussion of Chapters
> 1-3 be posted during our current discussions of those chapters. Lee
> counters that this might slow down discussion too much.

        [David Buchanan] I'll just second Keith's motion. Bring intelligent
quotes from elsewhere if you like, but keep it fresh.

> (5) Andreas wants to see a certain naivete, playfulness, and acceptance of
>
> mistakes in our project. Lee concurs.

        [David Buchanan] I certainly appreciate the spirit of generosity in
this suggestion, but let us NOT accept stupidity. Pirsig's main thing is
quality, rightness and excellence afterall, and we do ourselves a
dis-service in lowering standards or letting pride and ego dictate our
behavior. Its about the MOQ, not self esteem, right?

        We're ready. Let's go, let's glow, and let's grow.

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org