RE: MD Proposal to discuss a Metaphysics of Value

From: Paul Turner (paul@turnerbc.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 12:05:57 BST

    Hi Ham

    Ham said:
    Those of you who have reviewed the author's Subjects, Objects, Data and
    Values, presented at the 1995 "Einstein Meets Magritte" conference, will
    appreciate the fact that a even a brief metaphysical exposition can
    provide far more insight than a 500-page autobiographical novel.

    Paul:
    I think it can provide more precision, but I'm not sure about more
    insight. For precision, I recommend LILA'S CHILD, compiled by Dan
    Glover, and Anthony McWatt's PhD Thesis, as well as the Copleston
    Annotations. I think the "post-LILA" Pirsig adds significant clarity and
    precision to the two novels for those with a serious interest in the
    details of the metaphysics without the narrative.

    Regards

    Paul