Re: MD DYNAMIC PRESSURE (?)

From: johnny moral (johnnymoral@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 22:24:29 BST

    HI Chuck,

    >Johnny:
    >
    >The original section of test with the rankings was Ilya's, not mine. I
    >simply replaced each DYNAMIC PRESSURE with an AWARENESS to make a point. I
    >thought that was obvious; apparently not.

    I was responding to Ilya's term "Dynamic pressure" which I like a lot.
    Awareness doesn't mean much to me.

    >Is awareness of dynamic pressures not conducive to dynamic change? Johnny,
    >left to your devices, man is unessential:
    >
    >>I don't think a person needs to be aware of the dynamic presssures around
    >>him for dynamic change to take place.

    By this I mean he doesn't need to be aware of why he is making the dymanic
    choice he is making. He doesn't need to know that he wants a certain brand
    of peanut butter because the TV was on while he slept, he just buys the new
    brand of peanut butter, unaware of the pressure. I see the term "awareness"
    as implying a conscious, mindfull awareness.

    >and looking suspiciously predetermined:
    >
    >>That person may read a book tomorrow (because someone gave it to him
    >>because it had a cover that had a picture of his favorite car - ie, a
    >>seemingly random reason but not without reason) that will put dynamic
    >>pressure on him to change his life, and he will change his life.

    Yes, absolutely predetermined. Dont you believe in Reason? Are you
    irrational?

    >Finally:
    >
    >>that will put dynamic pressure on him to change his life, and he will
    >>change his life.
    >
    >What or who is "that?" The Handicapper General?

    In the above paragraph, "that" was a book.

    >Man made God, not the other way around.

    Not sure what you mean here...could get mushy

    Johnny