Re: MD On Faith and coincidences

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 04:41:25 BST

    Although I think Rich is wierdly funny I think that his comparison is kind of wierd and am not sure why he thinks they are comparable examples. Was that coincidence really meaningful for Rich, I am guessing not, because I don't see it and recognize Rich's sarcastic tone. His example doesn't even strike me as being something I would label a coincidence so not clear why he picked it.
    On a serious note, I am genuinely interested in MoQ's interpretation of a meaningful coincidence. Can Rich take the time from the game and being a smartass and explain what Rich means by "as coincidences are just another platipus." When Rich explains it can Rich pick an example that is more analagous, i.e., in the ballpark of what somebody would call a coincidence.
    Isn't it wierd I used ballpark in that phrase and we were talking about Red Sox!.

    Erin

    Richard Loggins <brloggins@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Dear MoQers all!
    I just got this email from Erin, which is not weird
    because I get alot of email from her, but was weird
    was what she put at the bottom of her email, a P.S. Go
    Red Sox. And that is weird because I am watching the
    Red Sox on TV just as I read her mail. They are even
    batting! It may have been a random (ha, maybe no)
    thing and I might ask her how she knew. And even more
    coincidental is that the rest of her email is about
    coincidences. How is that for a coincidence? As to her
    question, I think the MOQ dissolves the problem of
    coincidences as coincidences are just another
    platipus.
    Rich