MD looking at evolution

From: gav (gav_gc@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 13:18:56 GMT

    bonjour froggies!
    tis been a good while since i last checked in...hope
    youse are all well.
    some points that may be of interest.

    1. evolutionary theory is of some importance with
    respect to pirsigean metaphysics..yes? well we had
    better tidy that theory up then cos at the moment it
    sux.

    1.1 why? cos it doesn't add up, literally. if genetic
    mutation is the source of the raw material for natural
    selection to act upon then we wouldn't be here:
    simple. the rate of genetic mutation and the
    deleterious or neutral value of the great majority of
    these mutations means that evolution would not
    progress anywhere near fast enough to account for the
    diversity and sophistication of life. basically we are
    looking at many orders of magnitude of error here.
    orthodox darwinian theory is obviously wrong. this
    point has been made much better than i have tried by
    sir fred hoyle in 'the intelligent universe'.

    1.2 so if genetic mutation is not the (main) source of
    novel genetic material what is? the most likely
    candidates are *whole genes*, with accompanying
    instruction codes for assimilation into an organism's
    genotype...ie viruses.

    1.2.1 viruses are essentially genes. they can survive
    interstellar travel and they are continually raining
    down upon us from space. our immune systems eliminate
    those that are potentially harmful or irrelevant,
    admitting those that have evolutionary potential.

    1.3 the microbial world (bacteria can also alter
    genotypes through plasmids - usually circular dna
    segments that can enter cells), when seen from this
    perspective, becomes our indispensable evolutionary
    ally. but the microbial world is more commonly
    connotated negatively....why?

    2. why has the microbial world been demonized by
    mainstream science? for that matter why have faulty
    evolutionary concepts been promulgated by mainstream
    science. and why has mainstream philosophy run into a
    cul-de sac?

    2.1 why? again the answer (i think) is basically a
    matter of maths- probability. the catalogue of wrong
    turns, faulty reasoning, omissions etc suggests that
    human intellectual evolution has been *actively
    rather than accidentally impeded*

    2.1.1
    not convinced? well then why did people like newton, a
    memeber of the mystical rosicrucian society,
    promulgate a worldview directly at odds with the
    wordlview he and other intellectual luminaries adhered
    to in private? why was wilhelm reich, orginator of
    orgone energy (the chi of the planet) theory and
    devices to capture this energy murdered in the usa?
    why has the work of tesla and schoenberg been ignored?
    and why were 14 million natural philosophers murdered
    in europe. yes, the witches. and why is pirsig's
    metaphysics finding active opposition in philosophy
    circles?

    2.2.
    ok i could go on but i won't...you guys can check it
    out if you wish. the point i am trying to make is that
    i used to believe that our culture's intellectual
    misadventures were accidental. now i believe that the
    development of human consiousness has been
    *deliberately stunted and misdirected for millenia*

    3. okay then last point: by whom/what and what does it
    all mean......hmmmmmmmm
    well then that's a big one. let's just say that the
    most powerful in the world have tried to stop the
    dissemination of key information (science, history,
    astrology, magic) for millenia. this is why the
    libraries at alexandria and constantinople were burned
    (after key books were taken away, to rome probably).
    in turn the powerful have helped promulgate a
    mechanical materialistic soulless view of reality. one
    very interesting thing is that these most powerful
    people are very small in number and are usually quite
    closely related. for instance, bush and kerry are
    related, bush is related to the windsors, so is
    clinton. prince charles is a direct descendant of
    vlad the impaler. 34 american presidents are direct
    descendants of charlemagne, emperor of europe. you can
    check all this at genealogy.com.
    so what does this mean? well for thousands of years
    the vast bulk of humanity has been used, manipulated,
    terrorized..kept in a state of confusion and fear. all
    facets of our society are touched by this dark hand:
    education (makes you stupid), medicine (makes you
    ill), charities (help the rich), government (opposes
    the people) etc etc. the orwellian nature of our
    reality is not difficult to see. fortunately nearly
    all of this is kinda irrelevant because the individual
    has to participate in this oppressive version of
    reality for the control to work: ie unplug from the
    'matrix' and you become free, again.
    anyway i will shut up now before i dissapear up my own
    arse...you guys probably now all this anyway
    hasta luego
    gav

    http://au.movies.yahoo.com

    MD Queries -