MD Force of Freedom

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 20:18:45 GMT

    Hi All,

    From Bush's inauguration speech: (caps added)

    "There is only one FORCE of history that can break the reign of hatred and
    resentment, and expose the pretension of tyrants and reward the hopes of
    the decent and tolerant, and that is the FORCE of human FREEDOM."

    From Lila, Chapter 9: (caps added)

    "Dynamic Quality is the pre-intellectual cutting edge of realty, the
    source of all things, completely simple and always new. It was the moral
    FORCE that had motivated the brujo in Zuni. . . . Although Dynamic
    Quality, the Quality of FREEDOM, creates this world in which we live,
    these patterns of static quality, the quality of order, preserve our
    world."

    I've always been struck by Pirsig's description of DQ as a force of
    freedom and how that concept is reflected in the the ideals of the U.S.

    Best,
    Platt