Re: MD Creativity and Philosophology, 2

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 04:53:09 BST

    "Our tendency to divide the perceived world into individual and separate things and to experience ourselves as isolated egos in this world is seen as an illusion which comes from our measuring and categorizing mentality. it is called avidya, or ignorance, in Buddhist philosophy and is seen in the state of a disturbed mind which has to be overcome. When the mind is disturbed the multitplicity of things is produced but when the mind is quieted, the multiplicity of things disappear."

    Is calling somebody an "unoriginal" or "original" thinker an example of avidya?

    Is "Quality" interchangable with "Tao"? if yes than how is Pirsig "original" and if no how did he refine it?

    Erin