Re: MD Quality and the Nuremberg-Tokyo Tribunals

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 17:04:10 BST

    Hi Arlo,

    On 30 Apr 2005 at 9:50, Arlo J. Bensinger wrote:

    > msh:
    > To anyone interested, I'll be happy to provide historical evidence
    > and argument in support of the claim that, if they were tried under
    > the rules of Nuremberg, every American president since the end of
    > WWII would be hanged.

    Mark,

    Please tell me every one *except* Jimmy Carter. His is the one
    presidency in recent history that I not only admire, but the only
    president who I feel is, as the Indians described Dusenberry, "a Good
    man".

    msh says:
    First, I want to say I use the "every American president would be
    hanged" line to get people's attention. Like Ant, I doubt that all
    of them would have received death sentences, but they'd certainly
    have done some hard time.

    Of the recent presidents, I agree that Carter is by far the least
    objectionable, and generally most moral. However, it is hard to
    imagine that he was unaware of his administration's vast military and
    economic support for Indonesia's genocidal invasion and occupation of
    East Timor.

    To his credit, in the 90's, Carter was openly critical of Indonesia's
    activities in East Timor. Better late than never, I suppose.

    Some links:

    http://www.etan.org/et2000a/february/1-6/1oped.htm

    http://www.zmag.org/CrisesCurEvts/sunil.htm

    http://www.chomsky.info/articles/199910--02.htm

    http://www.converge.org.nz/pma/etznet.htm

    Mark Steven Heyman (msh)

    --
    InfoPro Consulting - The Professional Information Processors
    Custom Software Solutions for Windows, PDAs, and the Web Since 1983