Re: MD Primary Reality

From: Steve & Oxsana Marquis (marquis@nccn.net)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 16:43:28 BST

    Scott et all,

    How does agency fit into this picture? Didn't Pirsig claim as one of the
    attributes of a person the ability to respond to DQ? To define an
    individual as the smallest 'unit' of agency (along with continuity as you
    suggest) clearly gives substance to what we mean by a person as opposed to
    just an amalgamation of static intellectual patterns which seems to ignore
    obvious individuality. Is this ability to respond (directly) to DQ separate
    from intellectual static patterns in the same sense that inorganic and
    biological patterns are a separate level (or any of the other levels)? This
    would be a good working definition of self-awareness for the MOQ.

    Live well,
    Steve