MD MOQ and The Moral Society

From: Ant McWatt (antmcwatt@hotmail.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 13:09:26 BST

    David Harding wrote July 24th 2005:

    Ant,

    I can understand that now you have a PhD in your name under the MOQ you are
    filled with a certain amount of 'academic confidence' but I find the
    exclusivity
    with which you hold your views quite a shock and a little off putting.

    David,

    I must apologise if that is the impression that is being given but I think
    even Platt understands that it is done from a sense of quality rather than
    one of ‘academic confidence’. As I also mentioned in my last post, I
    usually find Platt’s posts concerning the theoretical aspects of the MOQ and
    aesthetics to be usually of a high standard (only matched by four or five
    people on this discussion group) and just find it frustrating on occasion –
    probably because of his obvious intelligence - that he can’t apply the same
    high standards to the political arena. I feel like someone who knows a
    friend is being ripped off with some phoney goods (read Fox news etc) and –
    despite the friction it will cause – feel that I have a duty to tell him so.
      After returning from a city under recent terrorist attack, it was
    especially irritating to come back to this discussion group and be faced
    with the usual “blinkered and the prejudiced” ideas and the “small minded
    parochialism” which on a wider scale are aggravating these type of terrorist
    actions, not helping things.

    If you think I’m wrong in thinking the latter, let me put it to you this
    way: Are the “Muslim” terrorists attacking Russia or China at the moment?
    As the answer is no, do you think that might have anything to do with the
    latter countries not supporting the invasion of Iraq? We all know the
    answer to this, don’t we? So the strong implication is that the standard of
    living in the West regarding freedom of movement, the introduction of
    identity cards, disruption to transport, worry from terrorist action etc is
    being seen as an acceptable price by a couple of right-wing governments just
    to provide cheap oil for a relative minority. As this planet can not
    sustain the environmental damage caused by excessive oil emissions anyway,
    the securing of large oil forces by force rather than examining more
    sustainable sources of fuel is real madness and certainly not the path to a
    higher quality standard of living for us, our children or grandchildren.

    Best wishes,

    Anthony.

    Winks & nudges are here - download MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
    http://messenger.msn.co.uk