Re: MD Where is the Zen&

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 13:44:58 BST

    Hi Erin,

    Thanks for reminding us of Pirsig's embrace of the individual. As you
    know, the individual has been preeminent with me from the get go. That
    individualism is under attack by those who think society's values are
    equal to the individual' s I find deeply disturbing because of the threat
    of such thinking to freedom and evolution. Pirsig's celebration of the
    individual contrarian is no joke. Evolution depends on the guy out of step
    with his peers.

    Platt