Re: MD Tat Tvam Asi, Campbell and Theosis

From: Sam Norton (elizaphanian@kohath.wanadoo.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 20:33:34 BST

    Hi all,

    One thing I've been banging on about at regular intervals here is how
    Christianity is misunderstood. Just to show that I'm not on my own in this,
    here is a link to a lecture by Tom Wright, Bishop of Durham (CofE) where he
    talks about the 'new myth of Christian origins' (scroll down if you want to
    ignore the Da Vinci code stuff).

    http://www.spu.edu/depts/uc/response/summer2k5/features/davincicode.asp

    I'd be fascinated to know if there is anything in that 'new myth' which DMB
    DISagrees with.....

    Sam

    The New Testament can be summarised easily:
    1. Unless you love, you die.
    2. If you love, they will kill you.

    (From remarks by Herbert McCabe)