Re: MD MOQ: Involved or on the Sideline?

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 13:35:41 BST

    Ian, Horse:

    Ian:
    > I'm all for being
    > "decisive" when appropriate, but as Horse and I have both now said -
    > your total lack of subtlety is shameful.

    Pirsig:
    "Intellectuals must find biological behavior, no matter what its ethnic
    connection, and limit or destroy destructive biological patterns with
    complete moral ruthlessness, the way a doctor destroys germs, before the
    biological patterns destroy civilization itself."

    Perhaps one or both of you can explain to me what is indecisive or
    "subtle" about Pirsig's statement, "destroy with complete moral
    ruthlessness."

    What's shameful is being in denial of what Pirsig affirms.

    Platt