Re: MD Truth, conservatism & religion

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 05:13:27 BST

    However Mark, Ant, et al ..

    Mark you use the word "political" 3 or 4 times in your brief post.

    On a forum for the discussion of "politics" I'd have no objection
    either, I might even be cheering you on from the sidelines, but it's
    just so much noise when the subject at hand is the MoQ - a philosophy
    which is about personal experience of the world.

    Political analysis needs historical analysis and interpretation of
    that, which is clearly your strong suit (I have genuine respect), but
    it's a million miles and a hundred layers of mediation away from
    personal experience and action.

    As I've said before both "sides" are as bad as each other MoQ-Dicsuss-wise.
    Which doesn't change my opinion that if Platt lived in the UK, he'd be
    locked up for publicly expressing his bigoted, racist, fascist views,
    and deported back to wherever he'd come from. The worst aspect is that
    Platt knows all of this (like Hitler, he's a "genius") and is just
    playing a twisted game for his own amusement. Why he isn't barred from
    MoQ-Discuss I shall never understand.

    Actually I do know, it's a sense of pride in the MoQ not to exclude -
    we can handle it, etc - we're macho, like DMB's romans - our arguments
    from MoQ are so robust we can take on all comers. Well we can't, we're
    only human.

    But times changed this year - the name of the game is to "promote"
    MoQ. That's right - we're talking persuasion, not explanation. The
    dirty washing stinks the place up. Time to get in touch with our
    feminine side :-) and clean up. (With apologies to the ladies present,
    but I couldn't resist mixing my metaphors.)

    Resign ? Never.
    Exclude Platt ? probably the best of a bad binary choice.
    (Actually I was re-drawing a line in the sand you'll recall - to
    regroup and set up some ground rules on the MoQ side of that line ...
    still might be a better option.)

    Until then dismissive ridicule is better than diginification with
    serious analysis, as I've said repeatedly. Humour is in fact usually
    the best solution. Come on all you Bill Hicks fans, practice what you
    preach.Rip him to shreds.

    Ian