Re: MD Christiantiy vs. Philosophy

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 16:28:13 BST

    Marsha,

    I find this dichotomoy not as clear cut as you. Your posts remind me of me when I first joined this group. I was DQ worshipper, chummy with worshippers (who turn on you as soon as you disagree with them), etc. etc. etc. but the dissenters of this group questioned what I "know" which in turn made me question what I "know".
    Philosophy is a love of wisdom and part of the love is being honest about what you know and what you don't know.
    I said in the past that Sam didn't remind me of the priest that I know and the problem is some of the DQ worshippers do....which is why this dichotomy doesn't work for me. Sam is making me question of what I "know" about Christianity. Some people talking about DQ sound like religious nutcases to me and frankly scare me at times.

    At one time I would have agreed with this irrational Christianity vs rational philosophy but the line isn't so clear to me now.

    Erin

    MarshaV <marshalz@charter.net> wrote:

    Christianity started as a of superstitions. It gained political
    power, wiped out its opposition and became a powerful , and
    proclaimed itself to be the only true philosophy for many hundreds of
    years. The word 'philosophy' originally meant the 'love of wisdom'. Now
    that the word is being reclaimed, Christianity wants to denigrate its
    opposition with the word 'cult'. Baloney!!!!

    Marsha