Re: MD date of homo sapiens

From: SQUONKSTAIL@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 17:30:31 BST

    Hi Squonk,

    > Why do you think it will shed light on the levels?
    Because I think a timescale for how long humanity had been around in a
    biologically stable state
    might help to flag up what was not biological. So, if, for sake of argument,
    we could show that
    humanity had been biologically constant for 160,000 years then everything
    that's different between
    us and those humans is of a different level. Even more interesting, it would
    give us an idea of how
    much time society had to play with. I just think it's interesting.

    > Also, about 75,000 years ago there was a global disaster that left a Human
    > Gene pool of about 6,000 from which we descend.
    Yes, I saw something on TV about that. Fascinating stuff. Perhaps we could
    take 75,000 years as a
    cut-off point, ie everything new since then is either social or intellectual
    - and that includes
    lots of interesting things.

    Cheers
    Sam

    sq: I see. Thanks.
    As long as you keep the the MoQ in mind i shall continue to find value in
    your work.
    squonk