Re: MD Celebrity.

From: Gert-Jan Peeters (gjpeeters@home.nl)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 19:19:52 BST

    GJ:
    I work in a school.. The children in my class are ten years old. The
    celebrity-contest gets more serious forms. The difference between being
    populair and being unpopulair is getting bigger by the day. And it is
    strengthning the social wall that will be unable to climb or break for some
    of the children very soon. Telling them pirsigs levels and not to be seduced
    to play this popularity game hasn't anny affect if it is done by an adult..
    In a few years some of them might be very unhappy because of this.
    But there are children that don't enter this celebrity-arena and are winners
    because of that.. I tell them this. But I don't know if they feel the same.
    Can someone stand above the celebrity-game?