Re: MD Pirsig and Peirce

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 10:34:49 BST

    Hi

    Not very familiar with Davidson, can you explian triangulation? By the way,
    of course, critical realism is different from pragmatism, because we allow
    the idea that what we create as knowledge -in a creative non-realist way-
    and appears to work in a pragmatist way, is also probably in contact with
    existence may than knowldge that does work or is not tested, but in a
    critical not very pushy, not like a realist at all, we're very flexible like
    pragmatists, but most scientists prefer critical realism if philosophically
    sophisticated, its all very provisional. Also I think that you can't get
    away from metaphysics, pragmatism is a metaphysics of saying it is
    impossible to get in touch with reality, OK so demonstrate it is
    impossible -you can't therefore it is a metaphysics I think.

    DM

    DM