Re: MD Begging the Question, Moral Intuitions, and Answering the Nazi, Part III

From: Patrick van den Berg (cirandar@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 14:36:35 BST

    Hi Platt,

    Matt and Platt wrote:
    > > The force is our intuition of Dynamic Quality, a capacity
    > that
    > > every person has, that every person has a moral obligation to
    > follow.
    > > If the Nazi denies it, then we should feel righteous in saying that
    > he
    > > is subordinating Dynamic Quality to immoral static patterns. The
    > Nazi
    > > is immoral because he denies Dynamic Quality.
    >
    > The Nazi is immoral because he is anti-intellectual. You are really
    > stretching to make an argument.

    I agree with Matt here.
    Intellectuality recently defined as the capability and usage of
    abstract- from the given perceptual 'now' detached- thought is something
    the nazi's were very good at. They were overly rationalistic in their
    way of eliminating jews. Very rationally they thought up of an efficient
    way to do this, via the gaschambers. This invention reflects calm,
    abstract thought aimed at a certain objective. The jews and other
    victims were abstractized as being a minor or bad product of natural
    evolution, and therefore they rationally justified their elimination.

    Greetings, Patrick.