MD Is a break from culture-cynism possible?

From: Patrick van den Berg (cirandar@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 13:52:11 BST

    Hi all,

    Some people here, myself included, have fierce critics on the negative
    side of our global capatalistic society. To scetch the caricature: On
    the social level, inequality gets worse, there is a superficial
    economism of values without spiritual depth, and corruption high and low
    thrives. In the biological world, humans destroy and pollute and
    genetically manipulate ecosystems only for their economical benefit. The
    inorganic realm of earth is similarly plundered (oil, silicon, gases,
    water). Finally, the intellectual level is polluted by an overly
    emphasis on the occurances of pollution in the lower levels.

    If the intellectual level can break this impasse in itself, how can it
    be done? The one intellectual concentrationpoint in our own individual
    personalities can't undo the seemingly alarming bad qualities on the
    lower levels. The intellectual glasses of the culture-cynist can numben
    a small individual self in it's relation to the large things in the
    world, about which he can do so little in practice just by itself.

    Psychologically, I can say alot about charicatures, stereotypes,
    attribution of unhappiness to the large environment of an individual or
    group, about always seeking conformations of a pessimistic view on
    society, etc. But I wonder what you MoQists can say about this.

    Greetings, Patrick.