Re: MD Two theories of truth

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 16:29:15 GMT

    Jonny:You don;t think so? I think it would change our choices ito realize
    how
    contingent and co-related all our choices are. We'd put more care into
    them, and we'd also have a different attitude toward the choices of others.
    People today think they don't affect other people because everyone has free
    will, but they are wrong, what we do affects other people, we alter their
    wills.

    DM: Contingent implies chaos, freedom and morality is about having a range
    of possibilities, this range is limited but open, the range also depends on
    your
    imagination and knowledge, opening up new possibilities, morality, as
    Nietzsche
    bangs on about with his hammer, is mainly about making us social rather than
    wild animals. What next? Modern society makes a whole new kind of individual
    possible. What are her laws and morals to be? Does anything save existence
    from just being absurd? For me I think of the cosmos as an achievement and
    suggest we ask what we can achieve.

    regards
    David M