Re: MD What makes an idea dangerous?

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 16:57:25 GMT

    "The Metaphysics of Quality subscribes to what is call empiricism. It
    claims that all legitimate human knowledge arises from the senses or by
    thinking about what the senses provide." (Lila, chp 8)

    Platt think about "or by thinking about what the senses provide."
    This is where we go general and abstract and suggest either SOM or MOQ
    as a starting point. What perceptual status could you give the
    concepts of SQ and DQ that are so crucial. Without Scott's universals
    like the concept of a horse how would we ever pick out what a horse was in
    our
    perception. Read Popper, you do concepts you have a handle on perception,
    its good for a while, you get problems, you revisit your concepts and tound
    and dound we go. A big problem is of course how do we get to perceive
    anything
    prior to the concepts given to us by language, I suggest that perception is
    a form of
    language as produced for us by our impressive biological make up or bodies
    as
    Nietzsche would say.

    regards
    David M