MD subject to change

From: Nathan Pila (pila@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 20:05:32 GMT

    Steve,

    At this point I see the cosmos as only matter and energy but will keep an
    open mind.

    To me, statements like 2+2 =4 are a description of the world. Statements
    like these are not nouns but rather adjectives.

    And I might say that ideas exist in the same way that beauty exists or
    wetness or consciousness or fear or love exist, that is to say in the mind
    of humans.

    But I have not yet gotten around to reading Lila. And I just finished ZMM
    and so, perhaps I will take your implied advice and butt out until I am up
    to speed with both Pirsig's books under my belt.

    On a tangential point, I also just finished reading The Life of Pi. ( I read
    both simultaneously ) and found it terrific and think that you also might
    find it useful. It was a much easier read for me than ZMM and covers a lot
    of the same ground.

    Finally I also question the comment on ESP. I know of no evidence for it at
    all.

    Pleasant regards to you, Nathan