Re: MD matt said scott said

From: Scott R (jse885@spinn.net)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 02:52:22 GMT

    David R,

    If you are making an inquiry into the nature of perception, then the
    pathological and borderline cases are important. But that was not the
    context of my referring to "sense-perceptible particulars". If we need to
    precisely define all our terms in all contexts we will never get anywhere.
    That's why I was asking if you were serious.

    - Scott

    > Scott, All,
    >
    > Scott said
    > > I have to wonder if you are serious. Sure, there are all sorts of
    problems
    > > that arise when we try to precisely define things, but do you really
    have a
    > > problem...
    >
    > Yes I'm serious. Seriously, the very large number of cases like the
    > puma/branch situation are a problem for your distinction between physical
    > sense and insight. Seriously, it's open to question, since we haven't
    > examined the matter yet, as to whether *all* seeing fails to fit neatly
    into
    > either 'physical sight' or 'insight' and not both. Seriously, I want to
    > know what you are talking about when you say 'sense perceptible'.
    > Seriously, if you know, you ought to be able to answer my question. If
    you
    > can't answer my question I will think that you don't know what you mean.
    So