Re: MD Rebirth of MOQ_FOCUS

From: MATTHEW PAUL KUNDERT (mpkundert@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 18:59:56 GMT

    > Dear All!
    > Great job Horse! Just a little reflection on the "topic" bit. It
    > may be the
    > only thing that sets the MF apart from the MD, but on the other
    > hand
    > it is a restriction and maybe what caused its decline. Don't you
    > (all)
    > think it would be possible to let topics develop by themselves -
    > only
    > with the "caveat" that it is to be a Pirsig site - no other
    > thinkers or
    > systems in the sense of showing how much better they are, but of
    > course allowed to point to similarities, underpinning special
    > parts and
    > such. I believe such MF would regulate itself and need no
    > moderation
    > and that several topics could run simultaneously. These are just
    > stray
    > thoughts, any comments?
    > Bo

    I once called it the difference between doing biography with Pirsig (which would be the MF) and philosophy with Pirsig (which would be the MD). Not a bad idea, but I still think the new set-up Horse has got is a pretty good idea. Basically we'd all be able to concentrate on one specfic issue of how Pirsig interprets himself at a time and we'd get a consensus and a dissent (just like the Supreme Court) and a summary at the end. Particularly the summary at the end with, if I remember correctly, a chance for people to make last statements at the end. That would make a good resource for people like myself who tend to write essays.

    Matt