Re: MD Religion of the future.

From: David Morey (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 20:12:36 BST

    Hi Joe

    I think that truth is easy to grasp as getting
    some nice and pragmatic descriptions of SQ
    developed, like Newton's descriptions, but what
    is the truth of the relationship between a plant and the sun?
    Or the suffering of an animal? Or the poems of Rilke?
    Agency and consciousness and their dependence on DQ
    open up very different notions of truth. Philosophy and religion
    have their poetic side, they have something to express about what
    it is to be human that scientific descriptions of SQ leave out,
    DQ in other words, the quality of experience in other words,
    awe, love, despair, emptiness, beauty and suffering, etc.

    regards
    David M