Re: MD Noam Chomsky

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 15:42:33 BST

    Hi All:

    Thanks to MSH we have this comment from Chomsky about American treatment of
    jailed suspected terrorists:

    > The clear truth of the matter is that it wasn't "abuse,"
    > but torture, and it wasn't a few "bad apples," but general
    > policy.

    I suggest old Noam learn the difference between abuse and torture by first
    having girl's underwear placed on his head and then having his fingers
    chopped off one by one. You can call both torture if you wish, but believe
    me, there's a difference. Nor is it U.S. "general policy" to toss dissidents
    off 3-story buildings or put them alive feet first in wood chippers.

    Talk about making irrational comparisons . . .

    Regards,
    Platt