Re: MD immoral irony?????

From: gav (gav_gc@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 22:42:29 BST

    hey all,

    > >For the record in no way do I find Cosmotheism
    > worthwhile, primarily
    > >because it is intellectually vapid and, in many
    > cases, meaningless. In
    > >other words, to borrow a phrase, it's weak-minded.
    > :-)
    > >
    > >By the same token, I cannot intellectually close
    > the door on
    > >investigations of racial differences that meet
    > Pirsig's tests for truth --
    > >logical consistency, agreement with experience, and
    > economy of
    > >explanation. To do so would violate the spirit of
    > scientific inquiry and
    > >the MOQ itself.

    > I think so too.

    i don't.

    ye cannae have it both ways me boy. please give me an
    example of logically consistent, experientially
    re-inforced, economically explained racism.

    i agree that there are general tendencies according to
    nationality or perhaps even race:

    eg americans are generally loud and talk a lot
    the english generally have an inferiority complex
    the japanese are generally very polite.

    are we not moving ever forward to a global melting
    pot? what are racial differences anyway? skin colour?
    genetic differences? cultural differences?
    please help me see the utility of racist inquiry

    gav

    http://au.movies.yahoo.com