LS Re: The four levels

Magnus Berg (qmgb@bull.se)
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 14:43:57 +0100

Hi Bodvar and the Squad!

Bodvar wrote:
> To make it clear, I think only human beings have entered the
> 'Intellectual Level', because it stems from the highly advanced
> human 'Social Level' which is founded on the advanced human
> Biological Level (neocortex) brain.

Where did you find that the brain is primarily biological SPoV? I see
it nowhere in SODV, "senses of touch, sight hearing, smell and taste",
or did you made it up?

> A Theory of Everything (metaphysics) that can't account for AI is not
> worth much. The SOM cannot; it is hung up in its Cogito-Ergo-Sum
> blind alley, but the MOQ can if its basics are heeded. I have to harp
> so much on this to avoid the notion that an artific l intelligence
> has to have a mental life, or to enter some "spiritual" level (our
> Nordic, German-derived languages have two kinds of Mind
> [Sinn and Ánd], the latter extremely noble)).

This is a valid observation. "Self-consciousness" are not a direct
requirement for intellect. But I think it always? accompanies the
Dynamic Quality which I think *is* a requirement.

        Magnus

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk