LS Re: Intelligence vs Intellect.

Gene Kofman (its@icanect.net)
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:20:57 +0100

Bodvar wrote:
> > Gene Kofman wrote:

> > > Not necessarily. Magnus could still retain social patterns and
intellectual
> > > on top of them. I think, we all chatter inside our heads, constantly
> > > explaining what we already know. That would be the only case when
such
> > > chatter served some more or less clear purpose. But, that's another
thread
> > > too. In addition, that lone survivor's mind will protect itself by
> > > relentlessly believing in existence of other survivors and, by doing
that,
> > > it'll keep the Society from extinction.
>

> To make it more strong, let's imagine Magnus alone
> in a lost spacecraft, it needn't be a small capsule, but as big as
> you wish and with enough supplies to last him for his life,
> but without contact and with no hope of return. How long do you
> think he would be "rational"?
The key here is 'no hope of return', I just can't imagine that. But, the
point I'm trying to make is that social patterns continue to live in our
minds long after the society itself disappears.
When we move from one society/culture to another we still continue for
quite awhile to follow social patterns of the society we left behind. Of
course, many of the patterns don't work in the new social environment,
which brings about a lot of DQ opportunities.

Bodvar wrote:
> No, I believe - like Diana - that the static part of the MOQ is just
> as valid for Proxima Centauri as it is on Earth. Not only the
> Inorganic level, but the whole sequence is. Already by calling it
> "extraterrestrial life" we have introduced the Biological Level, and
> their Intellectual perception of reality will necessarily be based
> upon THEIR society. It will most likely not match the human one, but
> still be Static Patterns of Intellect. Of course, the MOQ is a HUMAN
> intellectual construct, but what escapes that condition?

I agree with the notion of universality of 4 levels and join the call not
to be discouraged by the fuzziness of their borders. The patterns may be
added by alliens to any level, but we can not think up or otherwise notice
anything beyond the intellectual level.

Bodvar wrote:
> What haunts us is the Mind of SOM; It keeps surfacing repeatedly
> because it has not been understood that it is eradicated from the
> MOQ, NOT REPLACED BY DYNAMIC QUALITY.
I doubt that mind is eradicated by MoQ. Mind of SOM is being born by
QEvents again and again. Subject (with its mind) and object are created a
moment after an intellectual pattern bumps into any other pattern.

As usual the recaps are greatly appreciated.

Gene.

--
post message - mailto:skwok@spark.net.hk