LS Re: Principles of the MoQ

Magnus Berg (qmgb@bull.se)
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 17:11:39 +0100

Hi Diana,

My contribution of principles. I used the same six subjects as
you did.

1. The Quality principle
Quality is the origin of reality. Reality is the result of
Quality Events. Quality Events are, from within reality,
often called observations.

2. The Dynamic-static split
The first split of Quality is into dynamic and static quality.
Dynamic quality is conceptually unknown, chaos, freedom, change.
Static quality is conceptually known, order, captivity, stability.
Both are needed. Without dynamic quality, things cannot grow.
Without static quality, things cannot last.

3. The four static levels
Static quality is divided into four discrete levels: inorganic,
organic, social and intellectual. Examples of patterns of these
levels are matter, cells, societies and thought respectively.

4. Static conflict
Each level use the next lower for its own purposes. By doing
this, it gains more freedom than the lower level.

5. Static dependency
Although the higher level use the lower level to gain more
freedom, it is also dependent on it and must not destroy it.
If it does, it is destroyed along with the lower.

6. The hierarchy of morality
The physical order of the universe is also the moral order
of the universe. Each pattern that uses lower level patterns
has a moral right to do so, because it can.

        Magnus

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com