LS Re: bits and pieces

Martin Striz (striz@zeus.ezwv.com)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 05:58:21 +0100

> Going back to ZMM, does anyone else think that there seems to be a
>predominance of classic rather than romantic thinkers on the Lila
>Squad? Most of the postings seem to be evolving in an extremely
>classical direction, and as a classicist myself, I would be interested
>in hearing from someone who had a more romantic perspective. I'm not
>sure if this is a result of romantic avoiding the internet, or the idea
>of the Lila Squad, or merely being reluctant to participate in the more
>recent threads.

Yes, I've noticed that, too. Of course, on the romantic side there's
really not much to talk about. On the technological side you can talk
and talk about functions, analyses, breakthroughs, data, etc., but on
the artistic side there is ideally just a silent appreciation. You
"just know," you feel it, you don't have to explain it--explanations
belong to those pesky rationalists with their "chattering minds." :-)

Martin
Martin Striz
striz@ezwv.com

"And what is good...and what is not good,
need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

--
post message - mailto:lilasqd@hkg.com