Re: LS Clones and consciousness

From: Gene (gene@dintel-inc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 01:53:29 GMT

>Magnus wrote:
>>I simply don't think it's enough to only copy the patterns of the four
>>levels. A person is more than that, but what? I guess the easy way out
>>is to call it DQ, but I'm not very satisfied with that either.

I would still stick with MOQ: there is no thing outside the four levels and
DQ is always everywhere anyway, no need to copy it.
So, if it were possible to instantaneously clone all of 'My' static level
patterns then there would be two of 'Me' in existence. These two individuals
(each of them uses his own 'Me') would rapidly grow apart, all the time
realizing that there is another almost 'Me'. Unless, of course, the original
is destroyed.
As you can see, I'm gingerly going into the transporter.

Gene.

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org