Re: LS Program: Instant cloning

From: RISKYBIZ9@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 04:34:00 GMT

To All Squad Members

For years I shared your doubts about the feasibility of this type of strange
science. But then I found out from my physics professor that in each and
every quantum moment that my body and every quanta within actually split into
every conceivable alternative. Every possible alternative happens.

At first I questioned this nonsense, but he explained that as a strict
materialist (which I of course am ) that it is the only quantum explanation
that makes sense. Of course he was right, but it seemed so......wierd.

"How can there be more than one copy of me?", I asked."that could never be."

"I will prove it to you" He said, "I have this machine that will make a
duplicate copy of you. All you have to do is sit here in the red chair, and I
will make a exact twin of you in the blue chair on the other side of my lab."

Well, needless to say, 68 trillion versions or so of me said no to this
idea.......but at least one of me said yes. But it didn't work anywhere near
as he advertised. You see, what he had wasn't a twin maker, it was a
teleporter. He instantly transmitted me to the blue chair......I felt
nothing....one second in the red chair, then the next in the blue. And across
from me was the twin. And you know what the twin did? It immediately jumped
up and pointed at me....AT ME...and said "It worked....my twin!"

"Oh no you don't you evil twin", I said,"I am the real me and you are the
copy."

It kept yelling and pointing at me and saying that I was the twin, so I did
what I had to do, what any man would do when being accused by such a devious
being from another dimension......I killed it. And when my professor accused
me of murder --the fool thought I WAS THE TWIN - so I had to kill him too.

Yea, teleporters do work, but watch out that you don't get betrayed by the
evil clone you leave behind........

The Real Roger

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org