Re: MD On Faith

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 00:21:11 BST

    I suspect that is true David.

    But the "detail" you are interested in seems to be "sceintific detail",
    rather than the "narrative quality" you indicate in your previous "best
    story" post.
    I too am interested in detail, but in most "real world" situations
    scientific detail is close to irrelevant for either explanatory or
    predictive purposes, and useful only for politically correct justification
    and rationalisation.

    A good story is better than inappropriate science or misplaced faith.
    I suspect we agree on that.

    Ian