Re: MD On Faith

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 17:04:33 BST

    Very witty Platt, but this is not a fair coin ...

    As I said a couple of days ago, the fact that "the theory of evolution" is
    not (fully) testable and falsifiable shouldn't make "the fairy tale of
    creation / resurrection" equally fair game, at least not amongst adults.
    Playful point scoring based on that notion is fair game for amusing debate,
    but hardly a serious call to take fairy tales seriously (beyond metaphor
    anyway).

    There are a zillion options between "pre-ordained life" and "accidental
    sentient meat", and I'me getting very tired of this being treated as a
    binary debate, even in jest.

    Ian