RE: MD A bit of reasoning (correction)

From: Scott Roberts (jse885@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 18:15:31 BST

    DMB,

    > Scott replied:
    > The judge is called DQ, until intellect appeared in humans, when it is
    also
    > called human intellect. (and later added)
    > .........Although DQ is involved in all judgment, one can also hypothesize
    > non-corporal entities of various levels and complexity doing the judging.
    > These would be such entities as Sheldrake's morphogenetic forms, or
    perhaps
    > what other traditions have called angels or spirits, or personifications
    of
    > species or forces (as in Amerindian mythology which has, say, Coyote as a
    > protagonist), and so forth. Naturally, this is all wildly speculative as
    > where one says this is an intellectual form but that isn't, but a
    hypothesis
    > that there are such non-corporal thinking entities doesn't seem to me to
    be
    > all that unreasonable.
    >
    > dmb says:
    > I'm sorry but there's no nice way to put it; your position is ridiculous.
    > had already become convinced that you're in way over your head, but now I
    > also think you're a little bit nuts.

    "Radical Truth, as always, is completely and entirely available only in the
    timeless present. It is simply that, as consciousness on the whole
    continues to evolve and develop, in a now planetary fashion, then global
    awareness (which is the a transcendence of any narrow parochialism) becomes
    increasingly easier, more obvious, more appealing -- and therefore, I
    believe, more likely. We might speculate, with Sheldrake, that this is the
    effect of a morphic field, in any event, the evolutionary accumulation
    seems undeniable." [Ken Wilber, The Eye of the Spirit, p. 66]

    So might I speculate about non-corporeal entities (such as morphic fields),
    with Sheldrake and Wilber. Is it nuts to speculate, or are you demanding
    that we all stay faithful to modernist common sense?

    - Scott