Re: MD Poetic Quality

From: Sam Norton (elizaphanian@kohath.wanadoo.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 22:27:14 BST

    Hi Mark,

    Thanks for the poems. Excellent exercise.

    I prefer the second, although I like both. I find the second more bodily, and more humourous, hence
    easier to identify with, not least its first line, which is so refreshing and basic. (I doubt you
    like Tom Clancy novels, but there's a good bit in one where Jack Ryan, as newly installed POTUS,
    wakes up to take a leak, and Clancy goes into this disquisition about how it identifies him with
    every other male ever born.)

    I'd be fascinated to hear other people's perspective.

    Sam