Re: MD On Faith

From: ml (mbtlehn@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 06:04:19 BST

    Time to kick the wasps' nest...

    Since faith is what people tend to fall back on
    when they have substantial doubt, can't think
    /understand past a certain point, and are not
    comfortable with the implications of that state,
    then (changing your example slightly) using the
    PRINCIPLES of the MoQ to guide decisions is not
    faith, but conscious choice instead.

    Of course in a SOM society it is the fastest way
    to incite one's own removal from office fastest.
    (probably with a non-approved strategy for
    administration change) Lots of embedded
    investment in SOM...

    Quality, expressed as attributes of being is in
    large measure apprehensible, faith is not needed.
    Revealed truth, cloaked in miracle, wrapped in
    dogma, encysted in bureaucracy, ossified in
    social teaching requires faith to keep the original
    flicker alight.

    thanks--mel