Re: MD On Faith

From: MarshaV (marshalz@i-2000.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 12:56:02 BST

    Dear Sam,

    If I might add an observation and question. I am an avid C-SPAN
    watcher. I watch Washington Journal every morning. If you are not
    familiar with this program, it is public (sans commercials) and offers
    information from all sides of the political spectrum, on all political
    topics. A large portion of the WJ is call-in, alternated between Reps,
    Dems & Others, and from all over the country. As you can imagine, in this
    lead up to the election, religion has become a major topic or sub-topic to
    many discussions.

    Now, there might be a higher Christian understanding of God, and you might
    hold that perspective. But a very large majority of the religious
    perspective presented by the public is naive, literal and silly. It seems
    to me, if there is a modern understanding of Christianity, the public has
    no clue.

    While I appreciate that your points are presented in terms of a
    philosophical argument, is your perspective in any way rooted in the
    beliefs of the Christian faithful.

    MarshaV