Re: MD On Faith

From: ml (mbtlehn@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 21:20:10 BST

    Hello Marsha // all,

    Borrowing from others' earlier posts as well
    as the one below, it seems that a possible
    point of confusion through equivocation has
    been introduced.

    The confusion of the statements about a
    religion or its dogma on the one hand,
    with the internal experience of living the
    guided life on the other.

    ANY religion is different on those two hands.
    Silly, silly social teachings become embedded
    in formal religious structures. Any true or deep
    practitioner reaches a point where they pass
    beyond the social formalism and into a place
    where they learn to bite their tongue and not
    roll their eyes at their own tradition.

    Much as I have fun slapping social formalism
    I would be remiss to not point beyond.

    thanks--mel