Re: MD On Faith

From: ml (mbtlehn@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 21:04:05 BST

    Hello Erin,

    I am not trying to convince, just explain...

    I changed PRACTICES to PRINCIPLES as it made more
    sense to me. Not quite sure there is any MoQ ritual...

    Consciousness, just is consciousness OF SOMETHING.
    If faith is what sustains beyond thinking or understanding
    it would seem that *you are not quite fully fluent in that
    'meaning' beyond which your apprehension fails, and
    can be said to be less than fully conscious of that
    "beyond".
    To classify ALL faith as unconscious would be a failed
    position; faith is more a continuum than a class.

    We all reach a limit to thought or understanding and
    my key phrase is whether the person is "comfortable
    with the implication of that state." In my experience
    those who claim faith tend to fall into Dogma instead
    of opening themselves to the immediacy of being.

    * - editorial you

    thanks--mel