Re: MD God and the Republicans, Democrats & Others

From: Sam Norton (elizaphanian@kohath.wanadoo.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 11:15:38 BST

    Hi Marsha,

    I seem to have caused you offence in some way. My apologies.

    > Wow. What mistaken assumptions might I be holding?

    I have no idea. It was a hypothetical explanation.

    > How might I be misunderstanding Christianity (If you think my
    > misunderstanding might fill thousands of pages, a few examples will do.)?

    I don't know if you do. The point of my post was that you don't need to accept Christianity even if
    you do understand it. It's like falling in love, you can see lots of good reasons why someone might
    be right, but it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

    > Your truth? Your truth from experience? Must it be true that if I don't
    > hold your view as truth, I am filled with ignorance and prejudiced
    > falsehoods?

    Pirsig gives criteria for truth in Lila. I'm happy to run with those as public 'rules of conduct'.

    Regards
    Sam