Re: Anti-Theism (was MD Is Morality Relative?)

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 22:35:33 GMT

    Interesting Sam,

    We do all indeed read through our own prejudices (or schemata) It probably
    shows (as Ant McWatt previously noted), that Bill Hicks made interesting
    philosophical reading / listening / watching.

    Certainly the passage you quoted is identical bar the odd word to the
    transcript of Rant in E-Minor (I've just checked.)
    The next line is as I said, though the paragraph after that goes on to
    complain that the Love of God viewpoint gets in the way of good solid
    national government policies based on fear and WMD (10 years before WMD was
    coined BTW). Either way he is being ironic.

    Anyway comedy is nothing if not ambiguous.
    Ian