Re: MD Is Morality Relative?

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 23:33:28 GMT

    Ham,

    To what belief system ?
    The MoQ and very nearly 50 years of personal empirical exprience.
    Morality evolves - no guarantee in what direction, without some basis to
    judge better or worse - like the MoQ oddly enough.

    How does learning lead to evolution ?
    That's almost a tautology, learning and evolution could be seen as
    practically synonymous in many contexts. What I'm saying is that any view
    that any of us has now (even RMP himself) of any one of the MoQ levels, must
    be revised as we learn more about them, even the seemingly fixed physical
    layer. The expansion of physical knowledge did not end with Newton, or
    Heisenberg, or Stephen Hawking for that matter. Some people are backing
    superstrings, I'm backing quantum information and holochory, but it's too
    soon to call :-)

    Ian