Re: MD Is Morality Relative?

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 23:04:46 GMT

    Platt,

    Aha, now I spot the problem. You say your purpose is
    "to bring to light and examine basic assumptions, and to figure out what's
    the best morality for a nation to follow UNTIL the MOQ is widely known and
    accepted."

    Then you are probably doomed to repeat the philosophical and theological
    arguments of the last 5000 years.
    Good luck, (no, seriously, good luck to you) but please don't expect me to
    treat any of your contributions as aimed at understanding and making
    valuable use of the MoQ.

    (I won't rise to the temptation of picking you up again on your limited
    nationalist perspective, though it's probably worth noting that outside the
    US that's a cross that a good many, but fortunately far from all, US folks
    just have to bear.)

    Ian