Re: Ham; Re: MD Is Morality Relative?

From: hampday@earthlink.net
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 00:55:36 GMT

    Steve --

    I said (to Platt):
    > Philosophy is not an art form or a word game.

    You replied (to me):
    > In the MOQ, reality is quality and philosophy is an art form. So is
    > motorcycle maintenance. If you can try to see everything as art, you
    > will open yourself to understanding the MOQ.

    YOU are playing a word game, it seems to me! I'm not.

    I don't believe everything just because the MoQ tells me so. It appears that
    you do.

    If I needed my motorcycle repaired, I certainly wouldn't hire an artist to
    fix it. (Fortunately, I don't have a motorcycle.)

    If philosophy were simply a word game, it would have no influence on human
    history, ethics, culture, morality, spirituality, history, science, or
    religion. Obviously, it has. If word games are your thing, I can recommend
    one or two other sites that would welcome your skills.

    Best wishes,
    Ham