Re: MD The Quality of Capitalism?

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 16:14:42 GMT

    On 10 Dec 2004 at 9:35, Platt Holden wrote:
    > This thread is not about Chomsky, but about whether or not profit-
    > dominated free market systems are the highest quality way of
    > organizing a society's economy.

    We already know Pirsig's view on the question; a free market system
    is better than an intellectually directed system because it responds
    better to DQ. You'll have to go some to top that, but you're welcome
    to try.

    msh says:
    No, this is your mis-interpretation of Pirsig's view, which I and
    others have disputed numerous times. Besides, this view fails to
    address the question of this thread, stated clearly above. And it
    fails to address the real-world question of whether or not existing
    "free-market" economies are really free to respond to DQ.

    I'm looking for evidence, analysis, and argument here. You can rely
    on the MOQ for argument, if you like, but evidence means stepping
    outside the MOQ and into the real world of imperfect economic
    systems.

    Mark Steven Heyman (msh)

    --
    InfoPro Consulting - The Professional Information Processors
    Custom Software Solutions for Windows, PDAs, and the Web Since 1983