Re: MD The Quality of Capitalism?

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 14:35:51 GMT

    Hi MSH,

    > On 9 Dec 2004 at 10:31, Platt Holden wrote:
    >
    > Anyway, what has all this got to do with Pirsig's MOQ? I mean, I
    > enjoy discussing these things with you, but is it really relevant to the
    > purpose of this forum? Should Horse step in and blow the whistle?
    >
    > msh says:
    > Huh? You chose to respond, remember?

    I don't see whether I respond or not is relevant to the question.

    > Arlo and Sam have both indicated they are working on contributions to this
    > thread, and they are welcome to bring the ideas of the MOQ into the
    > discussion. I have my own MOQ arguments attacking the inequities resulting
    > from the so-called free market. Some I've posted already; others will be
    > introduced later.

    I look forward to the debate. Bringing in the MOQ to the discussion makes
    it a "better" discussion, IMHO.

    > This thread is not about Chomsky, but about whether or not profit-
    > dominated free market systems are the highest quality way of
    > organizing a society's economy.

    We already know Pirsig's view on the question; a free market system is
    better than an intellectually directed system because it responds better
    to DQ. You'll have to go some to top that, but you're welcome to try.

    Best,
    Platt